Wednesday, August 8, 2018
- Bobby Bradford
- Mark Fulcher
- Roger Brand
- Kim Korpi
- Sarah Blaesing
- Chris Hayden
- Misty Wright
- Mary Ellen Yeomans
- Barbara Gorman
- Herbie Gorman
- Tara Hampton
- Ken Williams
Committee was not aware that a scout from another troop (Gabe Adams) attended Woodruff with our scouts. Scout left camp early due to illness, mother is inquiring about a refund. Mother is also looking for a lost item – red canvas hammock.
Misty Wright will take over the Health/Safety position.
She would also like a Health/Safety helper. Please let her or Bobby Bradford know if you are interested in helping with this position.
Troop training was brought up at the meeting.
Only 35 % of the troop is trained.
60% of the ASMs are trained
2/3 of the Committee members are trained.
Chris Hayden mentioned there is Virtus Training on August 27.
Troop Committee Training available online – my.scouting.org
- Question about the age requirement for ASMs was brought up – do they need to be 21?
- Per Ken Williams an ASM does not need to be 21.
- However for all scout events there must be two (2) registered member of the troop present.
- Question was brought up on whether the by-laws need to be reviewed.
- Suggestions about the Troop’s website:
- Website needs to be owned by the Troop
- Committee Chair and Webmaster should have access to the password.
- Simon LeGood is the Webmaster.
- Suggestion that Sarah Blaesing be his back up.
- Add to the Scribe position the ability for the youth to help with the website – make available digital copies of the merit badge books made available online.
- Make Committee notes available on the website under Parent’s tab
- Report from Tara regarding Fundraising
- Popcorn sales will be done online.
- Contacted Chick-fil-a for fundraising opportunities, but have not heard back from them.
- Need to start working on fliers and bulletin entry for Christmas tree sales.
- Ken Williams indicated we need to submit a fundraising form to the council – provide copy to Tara.
- Kim Korpi – Blue Cards/Drivers
- Kelli Tracy provides Kim with a list of available drivers
- Procedure for becoming a Driver:
- Parent fills out form with car info/insurance
- Forms are given to Linda and she sends email to parent to take Virtus training.
- Troop is in need of a Training Coordinator
- Upcoming Troop events:
- August 20 – Family Tubing – evite sent out by Barb Gorman
- August 27 – Camp Westin – Flour wars
- Request for Micah Salas be the grub master for the Adults on this campout – approved
- Camperall is coming up – look at inviting Packs to visit our troop. Available dates for Pack visits are September 17 and October 1.
- Leadership roles will be announced on Monday, August 20.
- Voting will be done on Monday, August 27.