Skip to content. Skip to main navigation.

September Court of Honor 2018

« 1 of 2 »

Committee Meeting – Sep 12, 2018

Committee Meeting, September 12, 2018

 

The following were in attendance:

Ken Williams, Bobby Bradford, roger Brand, Michele Salas, Barbara Gorman, Tara Hampton, Sarah Blaesing, Nicole John, Christine Peyroux, Kim Korpi, Mary Ellen Yeomans and Chris Hayden

Scout Master

 

Reports:

  • Outings – Barbara Gorman
    • Cloudland Canyon camping trip has been postponed
    • No October Outing
    • Dates open for Webelos meet and greet – 10/1 and 10/15
      Pack 75 has confirmed for 10/1
      Another Pack expressed interest in visiting 10/1, but needs to confirm with Webelo’s Den Leaders
    • 10/6 – Fall Festival/Weed Pulling Service project
      The church has requested for the Troop to assist with set up/clean up for the Fall Festival
      Fernando has requested for the Troop to also assist with pulling weeds.
    • 10/13 – Merit Badge University available at KSU, 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM
    • 10/22 – Vocations with Fr. Fred
    • 11/9 – 11/11 – Camporall at Woodruff
    • 11/18 – Orienteering/Hiking Cooking campout
    • 11/30 – 12/1 – Christmas Tree Lock In/Campout
    • 12/10 – Court of Honor

 

  • Treasurer – Scott Gee
    A check for approximately $700 dollars was cut for Troop 2319 for advancement fees

 

  • Fundraising – Tara
    • Nothing new with donut sales
    • Camp Card sales will start in February
    • Pine straw sales – Roger Brand will talk to Father Fernando about selling pine straw at the church.
      In the past, we have ordered from Pine Straw King (pricing pay $3.86 a bale/charge $4.50)
      Flyers need to go in bulletin in mid-January. Need to talk to Renee about getting flyers inserted into the bulletin.
    • Christmas tree sales – Chris Lorenz/Todd King have already made contact with the vendor.

 

  • Chaplain – Mary Ellen Yeomans
    • Mary Ellen Yeomans has volunteered to work on Scouting’s Journey to Excellence for the Troop.
      Journey to Excellence per scouting.org is the BSA’s planning, performance and recognition program designed to encourage and reward the success of our units, districts and councils. It is meant to encourage excellence in providing a quality program at all levels of the BSA.
    • Michele Salas is working on getting all registered adults to complete update YPT Training.
  • Christine Peyroux – Advancement Coordinator
    • Christine will contact the boys who missed the Court of Honor to check on their status with the Troop.
  • Other Topics
    • Merit Badge Clinic at Transfiguration
      FLC is reserved on 12/15 from 8AM – 5PM
      Barbara Gorman/Christine Peyroux have volunteered to look into fees/concessions for this event.
    • Recharter packets were not available yet.
      Council will start accepting recharter packets November 1.
    • Philmont – still in need of scout to fill spots for Philmont

Patrol Leader Conference Sep 2018

Committee Meeting- October 15, 2018

Troop 75

Committee Meeting, October 15, 2018

 

The following were in attendance:

Ken Williams, Bobby Bradford, Roger Brand, Michele Salas, Barbara Gorman, Sarah Blaesing, Nicole John, Mary Ellen Yeomans, Chris Hayden, and Misty Wright

Reports:

  • Outings – Barbara Gorman
    • Orienteering at Sope Creek – Sunday, October 21st 2-6pm. Located off Paper Mill (GPS COORDINATES 33.937600, -84.44300 // N33 56.256 W84 26.580). Scouts will work on Orienteering skills. This is drop off/ pick up event at Sope Creek. If a parent chooses to stay, there is a $5/car parking fee. Scout to bring a water bottle, snack, scout book, blue card, orienteering workbook, compass, dress appropriately. The permission slip was attached to an email sent by Barbara Gorman.
    • 10/22 – Vocations with Fr. Fred
    • 11/9 – 11/11 – Camporall at Woodruff
      $33/scout, Deadline to register is October 22nd. Permission form (corrected from the previous email) is attached. We are hosting Webelos and Arrow of Light Cub scouts at this campout.
    • 11/30 – 12/1 – Poinsettia Lock In/Campout
    • 12/10 – Court of Honor
    • 12/15 – Merit Badge Clinic at Transfiguration
  • Treasurer – Scott Gee
    Check in the amount of $428 was made to Troop 2319 to pay for website
    Payment made to reserve slots for Philmont
  • Fundraising – information provided by Barbara Gorman
    • We will be selling Poinsettia’s in lieu of Christmas Trees and Wreaths this year. Details and order forms will be handed out next Troop meeting October 22nd. This should be a great fundraiser for scouts to earn money toward their scout accounts.
      We will be using Fundraise with Flowers
      They offer red, white, pink or marble
      6″ pot that MSRP of $12, profit of $4.80 ($4/scout, .80/Troop)
      8″ MSRP of $20, profit $8 ($7/scout, $1 troop)
      We’d need to sell 70 small pots to receive free shipping, otherwise, we’d pay $90 delivery which eats into profits.
      We’d have to place order November 19th for delivery on Nov 30.
      It’s delivered on their truck of which we’d have to store them someplace
      Need to get information in the bulletin, flyers printed for scouts, and reserve tables to sell after upcoming masses. Looking for table sales at Nov 3/4, Nov 10/11 (Camperall) and Nov. 17/18.
      Scout’s personal orders need to be in on Monday, November 12.
  • Chaplain – Mary Ellen Yeomans
    • Mary Ellen suggested a copy of each scout’s Health Form be kept at the Church at all times.
  • Christine Peyroux – Advancement Coordinator
  • Other Topics
    • Looking for Merit Badge counselors for Merit Badge Clinic to be held at Transfiguration
      FLC on 12/15 from 8AM – 5PM

Camp Westin

Northern Tier 2

« 1 of 5 »

Northern Tier 1

« 1 of 2 »

Committee Meeting – August 8, 2018

Committee Meeting

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Attendees:

  • Bobby Bradford
  • Mark Fulcher
  • Roger Brand
  • Kim Korpi
  • Sarah Blaesing
  • Chris Hayden
  • Misty Wright
  • Mary Ellen Yeomans
  • Barbara Gorman
  • Herbie Gorman
  • Tara Hampton
  • Ken Williams

Committee was not aware that a scout from another troop (Gabe Adams) attended Woodruff with our scouts. Scout left camp early due to illness, mother is inquiring about a refund. Mother is also looking for a lost item – red canvas hammock.

 

Misty Wright will take over the Health/Safety position.

She would also like a Health/Safety helper. Please let her or Bobby Bradford know if you are interested in helping with this position.

 

Troop training was brought up at the meeting.

Only 35 % of the troop is trained.

60% of the ASMs are trained

2/3 of the Committee members are trained.

Chris Hayden mentioned there is Virtus Training on August 27.

Troop Committee Training available online – my.scouting.org

 

  • Question about the age requirement for ASMs was brought up – do they need to be 21?
    • Per Ken Williams an ASM does not need to be 21.
    • However for all scout events there must be two (2) registered member of the troop present.
  • Question was brought up on whether the by-laws need to be reviewed.
  • Suggestions about the Troop’s website:
    • Website needs to be owned by the Troop
    • Committee Chair and Webmaster should have access to the password.
    • Simon LeGood is the Webmaster.
    • Suggestion that Sarah Blaesing be his back up.
    • Add to the Scribe position the ability for the youth to help with the website – make available digital copies of the merit badge books made available online.
    • Make Committee notes available on the website under Parent’s tab
  • Report from Tara regarding Fundraising
    • Popcorn sales will be done online.
    • Contacted Chick-fil-a for fundraising opportunities, but have not heard back from them.
    • Need to start working on fliers and bulletin entry for Christmas tree sales.
    • Ken Williams indicated we need to submit a fundraising form to the council – provide copy to Tara.
  • Kim Korpi – Blue Cards/Drivers
    • Kelli Tracy provides Kim with a list of available drivers
    • Procedure for becoming a Driver:
      • Parent fills out form with car info/insurance
      • Forms are given to Linda and she sends email to parent to take Virtus training.
  • Troop is in need of a Training Coordinator
  • Upcoming Troop events:
    • August 20 – Family Tubing – evite sent out by Barb Gorman
    • August 27 – Camp Westin – Flour wars
      • Request for Micah Salas be the grub master for the Adults on this campout – approved
    • Camperall is coming up – look at inviting Packs to visit our troop. Available dates for Pack visits are September 17 and October 1.
    • Leadership roles will be announced on Monday, August 20.
    • Voting will be done on Monday, August 27.

 

Parent/Leader Meeting – July 16, 2018

TROOP 75                                            PARENT/LEADER MEETING                                  July 16, 2018

 

Concern/Question Response/Action
Adults: What positions are covered/available?  Provide description of each position. Pack leader has shared how they post these to their parents.  Committee (Bobby Bradford) will look at implementing.
Scouts positions:  What are they?

Who’s serving and length of term

Description of positions

Leadership positions and descriptions are in the Scout Handbook.  The terms are six months.

Roger will look at how to post who is serving.

Safety:  Safety of Scouts during breakouts

What in Scout:adult ratio for activities?

Adult supervision is very important going forward.

 

10:2 for first ten Scouts; rule of thumb is 10:1 for every additional ten Scouts (mandatory, for example, in case of Aquatics.)  Depends on event and maturity of Scouts involved.

For more on safety, please refer to the Guide to Safe Scouting: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34416.pdf

Roger suggested ASM’s tour other troops to see how they run. Roger has since visited another well-running troop and visited with its seasoned Scoutmaster.
Communication:  Weekly e-mails to parents; details are important.

Send SPL announcements to parents after each meeting.

It may be overwhelming; but it may be necessary for now while the troop settles.

Possible duty for Scribe (Scout) to give to Troop Secretary. Acting SPLs have been sending them out.

Committee Meeting:

Parents would like to be better informed of committee activities.

Parents are invited to attend any/all committee meetings, on the second Wednesday of the month, at 7:30pm, in rm. 107 of the main building.
Parent binders: did newest parents get one from Mary Ellen?  May need updates.  Do we have extras? Mrs. Yeomans did not make copies this year; she was told  that all materials would be posted on the website.  Additionally, some of the information changes frequently and not printing would be economical and environmentally friendly.  She will look again for electronic copies to supply to the Webmaster for posting.  ME has given a hard copy of the latest version to Roger.
Scout Accounts? Per Bobby at meeting, bylaws state:  Scout accounts aren’t “returned” but must be spent and reimbursed.
MB Counselor list on Website for parents/Scouts to have access.  Maybe include paper copy in binder? Especially now, list of MB counselors is fluid; we have some leaving and more registering.  Kim Korpi will bring a list to each meeting.  Scouts should be encouraged to ask her for input.

 

Merit Badge University — October 13th 2018

Merit Badge University is a quality Merit Badge program that helps Scouts learn about different
fields of knowledge. By recruiting experienced professional counselors, Scouts receive an unparalleled experience. It’s hosted on the beautiful Kennesaw State University Marietta campus, giving Scouts a great opportunity to experience a college atmosphere.

The $15 registration fee includes breakfast as well as program materials for most classes with only a
few exceptions. A few classes may have additional fees or may run slightly longer than the event schedule. You will be notified of any of these exceptions by the instructor after you register.

For more information please CLICK HERE.